3. Children’s privacy Binkd is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Binkd does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Binkd does not target its websites to children under 13.
4. How we use your information Binkd uses your personal information to provide you with services and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction or order, to communicate with you, to provide service and support, to update you on services and benefits, to personalize promotional offers and to personalize some Binkd websites. Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding Binkd products or services. We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding such communications (see section 7, “Your privacy preferences and opting out”). Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Sensitive personal information is collected only to facilitate our financial service providers’ credit decisions and will be shared with them only with your permission. Credit card information and sensitive personal data are not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or Binkd and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases. In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Binkd, information collected through one Binkd service may be combined with information obtained through other Binkd services. Binkd is a global organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. Our privacy practices are designed to provide protection for your personal information, all over the world. We may share your personal information within Binkd and transfer it to countries in the world where we do business. Some countries may provide less legal protection for your information. In such countries Binkd will still handle information in the manner we describe here. Non-personal data is aggregated for reporting about Binkd website usability, performance and effectiveness. It is used to improve the customer experience, usability and site content.
5. Who we share your information with Binkd will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Binkd will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for products or services. Your permission will be requested when you submit your information. Binkd shares customer information across Binkd-owned business entities and companies working on our behalf, but only as described above in “How we use your information.” Binkd contracts with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions described in “How we use your information.” Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of Binkd and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Binkd. These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. Binkd will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of vernmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order, (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of Binkd or its subsidiaries; or (iv) to protect the personal safety of Binkd employees and third parties on Binkd property. Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Binkd decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is Binkd’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
6. Your choices Binkd gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and Binkd-wide marketing communications. Binkd-wide communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research. We give you a choice regarding delivery of Binkd-wide communications by postal mail, e-mail and telephone.
7. Your privacy preferences and opting out Non-subscription services Binkd will not use your personal information for a different purpose than the one stated when you provided your data. Examples of unrelated uses include sending communications about special offers, product information, and marketing messages. You can, however, choose to receive these types of non-subscription communications by following the instructions below.
Please specify your privacy preferences by writing to Binkd – be sure to provide your name, e-mail and postal address in all correspondence. Subscription services To opt-out of receiving communications you have expressly requested (such as e-mail newsletters, software updates, etc.), use any of the following methods: Select the e-mail “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication Return to the Web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions Write to Binkd – be sure to provide your name, e-mail and postal address, and relevant information about your Binkd subscriptions and registrations
8. Your information and third-party companies Certain Binkd services are linked with those from unrelated third-party companies, some which offer you the option to share with both Binkd and the third party personal data you provide. Examples include the ability to register software products from multiple vendors from a single Binkd Web page, to request communications from Binkd marketing or solution partners, or to enable order completion through a reseller. We will not share your personal information with those third-party companies unless you make that choice.
9. Access to and accuracy of your information Binkd strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain customer data accuracy. We will provide you with access to your information, including making reasonable effort to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. Certain areas of Binkd’s websites may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers. The most effective way to view and change your personal information is to return to the Web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Web page or use Binkd Passport.
10. Keeping your information secure Binkd is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Binkd has in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window. Credit card numbers are used only for processing payment and are not used for other purposes. As part of real-time payment processing, Binkd subscribes to a fraud management service. This service gives you and Binkd an extra level of security to guard against credit card fraud to protect your financial data.
11. Third Party services used on this site, such as Google, can collect information such as IP Addresses, or anything else your browser can provide. Binkd can not dictate or know what these companies collect or do with this information. Any personal information that you enter on this site will not be given to these third party services, unless required by law.
12. Changes to this Statement If there are updates to the terms of Binkd’s Online Privacy Statement, we will post those changes and update the revision date in this document, so you will always know what information we collect online, how we use it, and what choices you have. For material changes to this Statement, Binkd will provide notification to affected customers.
Rev. August 2013
A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. For example, https://www.binkd.com/ is the URL for Binkd’s home page.
An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.