The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Contests
adam • July 26, 2012 • 5 Comments
Are you looking to increase likes, engagement, and awareness about your business through Facebook contests?
If your answer is yes, then this resource page for Facebook contests will definitely help you.
Let me introduce you to the best tips from top social media sites, simple step-by-step how to’s, and personal advices on what you should or shouldn’t do when running Facebook contests.
All the links in each chapter were handpicked from my own personal arsenal of bookmarked tips, tricks, and advices. In a way, I guess this is my way of sharing with you the best of my personal research.
Do bookmark this page because I will continue to update this resource page as I gain more insights from future researches and tips from other reliable social media sites.
Ultimate Facebook Contest Resource Page
Chapter 1: Getting started with Facebook Contest
If you’re new to Facebook contests and have no clue about them, here are a couple of links that will give you an introduction to it.
You’ll will start with the official rules and guidelines to running a Facebook contest, and at the end of the chapter I will highlight how NOT to run a Facebook contest – because we can all learn from it before we dabble with running a contest on Facebook.
- Facebook’s official promotion guidelines *important*
- Facebook promotions what you need to know *important*
- How Not To Run A Facebook Contest
Chapter 2: Types of Facebook Contests
There are many types of contests that you can organize on Facebook. Some contests have more advantages compared to others, so you will need to choose the types carefully to fit with your contest goals. Chapter 2 helps you identify and determine what your options are and which option suits your needs.
- Types of Facebook contests
- Facebook contest that outperforms all
- Top 5 Facebook Promotion Types
- Huge lists of Facebook contests and sweeptakes by brands
Chapter 3: Facebook Third-Party Tools for Contest
If you previously read the Facebook promotion guide, you’ll find out that you will need a third-party application to organize a contest. Here are a few to get you started
Chapter 4: Creating Facebook Contests
Now that you have picked your 3rd-party application, here are a few guides and advices on running a successful Facebook contest.
- How to run a facebook contest without getting banned
- Prizes for Facebook contests
- How To Add An App To My Facebook Page (Timeline Version)
- Fan-Gating: Tips for a Great Design
Chapter 5: Promoting Your Facebook Contests
And yes, when you have successfully created a Facebook contest, you will need to promote it to your audience and this chapter helps you do just that. You wouldn’t want a contest without any contestants!
- 7 Ways to Promote Your Facebook Contest or Giveaway
- 18 ideas to successfully promote your facebook contest
- How to Increase engagement on your page
- 18 Tips to Make Your Facebook Ads Convert More Users
Chapter 6: Facebook Contests Metrics
Don’t forget to analyze your contests to find out if your contests has met your goals or to find out if you still need some tweaks to make it better. Measure your Facebook contests’ ROI by using a few simple guidelines listed below.
- How To Get Positive ROI With Facebook Contests
- Measuring the ROI from our Facebook competition
- How to Measure the Return on Social Media Contests
Chapter 7: Facebook Contest Case Study
Compare your contest achievements by reading about real brands that had a successful Facebook contest. Here are some case studies from our clients and some great examples.
- How This Travel Agency Got 12,000 Fans In 30 Days (Case Study)
- The Big List : 150 Facebook Pages Campaigns Case Studies
- How to Run an Effective Facebook Sweepstakes Campaign
- Stolichnaya Vodka Local Facebook Sweepstakes Campaign (Case study)
- More Facebook case studies
What do you think?
We want this guide to continuously help those that are new to Facebook contests, so if you have any other great articles related to it, or if you have any tips that you would like to share with us, please leave a comment and let us know what you think would help!
photo credit: by Ian Wilson