At Binkd we share your concerns about privacy while using the website found at www.binkd.com
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information is collected from our users at several different points during your visit to the Site.
- Newsletter Sign Up. To use some resources available on our Site, a user must complete our registration process. During registration, a user is required to provide certain categories of information, which may include a name, address, e-mail address, and a password.
- Optional Information. At various other points during your visit to Binkd, you may be asked to provide information about yourself. For example, you may wish to participate in a survey or register for the Binkd service once it’s launched. Participation in surveys or the use of other services which require the input of additional information is completely voluntary on your part, and you have the choice about whether to disclose the information necessary to use these features of our site.
- Passive Collection of Information. In addition to the information which you actively provide to Binkd by methods such as completing the registration form, Binkd collects information about how you interact with our site. Binkd collects passive information for purposes such as testing and improving a user's experience at the site and the compilation of broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information for internal purposes and for disclosure to third parties such as advertisers and content partners. The types of passive information collected by this site include, without limitation, your IP address, which type of browser you are using, mobile device, where you go on our site, and how long you stay on any part of our site.
- Cookies. When you visit the Site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Collection of Information from Children. Binkd abides by federal law and the guidelines set up by the Federal Trade Commission regarding youth privacy (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). As such, Binkd will not knowingly collect any personal information from or allow the registration of young people under the age of 13.
USE OF INFORMATION
Binkd may use your information in order to customize our site to your interests and enhance your overall experience at our site. Once Binkd recognizes you, pages and other content may be customized for you so that you can see what interests you the most. In addition, as described above, Binkd utilizes passive information to learn more about how you interact with our site. This passive information may be combined with your other information for purposes such as testing and improving your experience at our site and the compilation of broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information for internal purposes and for disclosure to third parties such as advertisers and content partners. This aggregate passive information does not contain any personal information which can identify any individual user.
CONTACTING YOU BY E-MAIL
Binkd may use your contact information periodically in order to send you e-mail regarding updates to Binkd and to alert you or remind you of happenings on the Site. The frequency of these messages will vary depending upon various factors.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
From time to time, Binkd may decide that it is more efficient to use third parties to perform specific services, such as sending communications to Binkd's users. If we use a third party to provide specific services (such as sending communications to our users on our behalf), then information (such as contact information) may be shared with that party to the extent necessary for the third party to provide these services. These third party service providers are only allowed to use personally identifiable information for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by Binkd. The third party services covered by this paragraph do not include links to third party sites found on our site, which are governed by a more specific provision below.
While Binkd strives to protect the personal information of our users, Binkd will release personal information if required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or appropriate.
Binkd has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and/or unauthorized alteration of the information under our control.
Binkd helps protect personally identifiable information by utilizing both online and offline security methods, including firewalls, passwords and restricted physical access to the places where your information is stored. Our staff is trained to comply with our security procedures, and our security procedures are regularly reviewed and revised, if necessary, by the Privacy team at Binkd.
If you have any questions about security issues at our site, please use our contact form and we will try to answer your questions.
- In the event that Binkd sells, assigns or transfers some or all of its business to a successor or acquirer, Binkd may sell, assign or transfer all of your information, regardless of your opt status, to such successor or acquirer.
Your privacy is important to Binkd. If you have questions about any of the provisions described above, please contact us using our contact form.